Friday, December 16, 2011

Falling for blue

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree
I think I am falling in love with making cards in blues! LOL
OH yes, second blue card in the same week!
When I saw this lovely inspiration photo -------> 
on Cath Edvalson's blog: Moxie Fab World ;
I know I want to make a card with my first (ever) Christmas stamp.  And if you like the inspiration photo too, you could check the details here.
My card.





I sprinkled Perfect Pearl powder over the image immediately after I stamped it, so it has a pretty, subtle shimmer, but my camera did not pick it up! :( 
Instead of gluing the beads, I strung them together with a silver elastic cord and secured it to the back of the panel.  To add a little more glittery goodness, I dotted Crystal Stickle at the edge of the larger blue panel.  The square card measures 5 x 5 inches.



Supplies:
Stamp: A Stamp in The Hand (Pear Tree with Bird)
Paper: Bazzill (blue card stock), white card base
Ink: Ranger Distress (Broken China)
Others: Crytal Stickles, Perfect Pearl powder, blue beads, silver elastic cord
 
 
Thanks for stopping by. 
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on the trigger, Cindy! Your card is soft and beautiful just like the inspired photo!

Cath said...

Hey Cindy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)