Sunday, April 15, 2012

Typing lesson

Hi everyone!

Have you ever taken a typing lesson before?  The stamp I used to make my card reminds me of typing classes in high-school.  All those drills that really hurts the pinky finger!!!  Yup that was the time before electric type-writters were use in the school.  OMG now you know how 'young' I am!  LOL

Anyway I had lot of fun making this card, and I want to share it before making more (yes I intend to make multiple in different colours).

I used the (I call it) the 'pre-digit-kit' method: stamp on paper, scan image, enlarge, and print, and then colour.  I printed the enlarge image on a cream cardstock, and use colouring pencils to fill in some details/shading.  Adorned it with a few art flowers and brads, stamped the greetings and voila!  Hope it brings you a smile.


Althought it doesn't appear in the photo, the back piece is shaped the same way.  I am entering this card to Hero Arts' April challenge (shaped cards).

april_theme_500a

Supplies:
Stamp: Hero Arts (CG414 Greetings, CL282 Feather Grass)
Paper: cream card base
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Others: colouring pencils, Hero Arts art flowers (CH152), brads

Have a lovely day, and come back again soon.

5 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea! Perfect image to make a shaped card. My pinky finger always hurt too, learned before electric.

walchowDesign said...

Great shaped card, Cindy!

I remembered learning the typing lesson years ago and the teacher was so strict with us!! One tiny mistake and we had to repeat the whole sentence again!

Maureen Morton said...

Brilliant way to make a darling shaped card! Love it, love it, love it. Thanks for sharing your technique. I remember those drills, too. Ugh! No delete key! Thanks for sharing this memory and wonderful card and technique.

Sparkly Pink Star said...

What a great idea! I love your card!

Mrs. Miles said...

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your kind comment.

I think your typewriter card is wonderful and what a terrific idea to scan and print your stamps, makes complete sense. Isn't it fun to try new techniques like this?

Blessings,
Barb