Monday, May 28, 2012

Vera’s View Challenge

When I saw this inspiration photo at the right,
for Vera's View Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards, I know I want to play.  But there's so many pretty elements in the photo, I couldn't decide what to do.  But finally I picked one thing (okay two) to focus on.  I really like the cupcake that's top with the pale green flowers and I love the subtle wood grain background.  So, I took my butterfly punch and punched out a bunch of butterflies using very pale green paper and glue them to a white scallop chip board, then mount on distressed woodgrain pp.  I had so much fun doing that part, I didn't even think about stamping!  Well I managed to stamp a sentiment, but it's really subtle.  Could you spot it on my card?  I'll give you a hint, it's in French.


Here's another view, photo take during daytime,
I think it show the colour of the butterflies much better. 
Supplies:

Card base: BazzillBasic card stock (Green Tea)
Paper pattern: Studio Calico (Classic Calico Collection Vol. 1 - Woodgrain One)
3 inch white scallop chip board
Mini pearl
Lace ribbon
Ink: Ranger Distress (Antique Linen, Old Paper); ColorBox pigment (Frost White)
Embossing pearl: Ranger (Pearl Blue)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day.

PS:  the sentiment is "Meilleurs Souhaits" located at the lower left corner.  It means Best Wishes.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Cindy, this is such a beautiful interpretation of Vera's photo! I love the way all the pretty butterflies look grouped together like that! So glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

Steph said...

This is so creative! I really like the colour scheme. All those cupcakes look wonderful as well! :)

Maureen Morton said...

This looks even yummier (is that a word?!0 than the cupcake, Cindy! What a great take on the view.......so pretty.

Lin said...

Cindy, this is a wonderful take on Vera's photo! I love your unique card - thanks so much for playing with us again at Lily Pad Cards!

Robin K. said...

Cindy - this is such a breathtaking interpretation of the inspiration photo!! Love the cluster of pretty butterflies against the subtle woodgrain bg!