Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paper Flower

Welcome back to our blog, Cindy here.  Today I want to share a little project I had fun making - a paper flower.  Ever since I saw Shari Carroll's July technique and video over at Hero Arts' Blog, I want to give it a try too.  But I don't have the exact material so I came up with my own version, and I am going to enter it to Hero Arts July contest.  Here it is:


So how do you like it?  Below are photos of the material I've used to make it. 





So to do this I first stamp the Wood Grain flower (HA CL290) using Ranger Distress ink (Barn Door) on salmon pink card stock.  Next fuzzy cut the flowers, crinkle it and seperate the two layers of the card stock flower resulting in six layers.  Then I die cut some leaves in different shade of green card stock using (HA DI002), and one of the flower shape to be the base of the flower.  I made a crease in the middle of the leaves, and folder it to make leave vein.  Then a brad is used to thread all the flower layers together, then attached to the tip of the straighten paper clip.  Then I tear thin strips of green card stock, and use it like floral tape to wrap around the stem (the paper clip), adding leaves along the way.  Finally planted it in the wine cork.  Voila!   Here's a shot of the back/underside of the flower.


I hope it brings you a smile.

Thanks for stopping by.  And have a sweet day!


8 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Such a wonderful flower! Thanks so much for sharing the details, you did a fantastic job with it.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful flower, Cindy!

Steph said...

The flower is so pretty!

Maureen Morton said...

Brilliant, Cindy! What patience and creativity.......WOW! Thanks for the great shots, too. This is such a kick - you did good!

Robin K. said...

This turned out beautifully! Love how you "planted" it in the wine cork!

Anita Rex said...

What a fabulous project! Great idea!

Mai N. said...

So beautiful!!

Quip1320 said...

WOW! This is stunning!