Thursday, September 6, 2012

Folding card

Hi, welcome back! 

Today is the birthday of my little guy and I've made him a 'never ending' card!  He likes to fold paper, a lot ... a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll show you what he made for me for Mother's day, and you'll see what I mean.

Mother's Day 2012

He used lined writing paper, torn, folded, coloured and assembled to make this 'pointed sphere'!  So I made this card for him.

'Front' of card


after open vertically

flip horizontally
flip veritcally, flip again you're back to the 'front', and you start over...

open flag to reveal secret messages

view of half open card

This card is really fun because you could just flip and flip and flip; thus the name.  If you want to make a 'never ending' card, just so a search on the web.  There are many sites/blogs that provide instructions of the 'how to'.

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Robin K. said...

Hope your little guy has been having a wonderful birthday!! That's quite an amazing creation he made you for Mother's Day! Your card is so cute and clever!! I'll bet he loves it!!

Anita Rex said...

Very cool Cindy! Perfect card seeing what he made you! :> I am sure he loved it!

Kara Lynne said...

Love that card idea, especially with your son in mind! I love the line of candles and all your sweet details.

Sandy Ang said...

how sweet of him to do that complicated origami sphere. your card is lovely

Pauline said...

Wow! What a clever folded card! I can't imagine how you did it lol! I will have to google that!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Cindy. Love the folds on that card. Neat way of adding movement, interaction to your card! Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my Moxie Fab post. :o)

Maureen Morton said...

14 isn't "little", Cindy! But he will always be your little one, eh? He did a great job on Mother's Day. Your interactive card for him is just great - know he loved it. Nice job, both of you.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am in awe of both your and your son's projects! They are incredible.

Thanks so much for leaving love at my blog, Cindy...that was so nice of you!

donna mikasa said...

How fun! I'll bet your son enjoyed playing with his card over and over again! Great idea!