Saturday, December 8, 2012

Knotty Pearly Wreath

Hi everyone, I am so happy today I've made the following card.



As soon as I found out the theme of current CAS-ual Fridays' challenge - Create a Clean And Simple project that features a knot or knotsI know what I want to do, it just took me a little time to finish the card.  And I thought the pearls are shiny enough to enter this current Tuesday Trigger: Shimmer and Shines challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

I trimmed very thin green cs strip (in three shades), tie a bundle of three into knots, and glue them down in the shape of a round wreath.  Then embellished with white pearls, and red twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend.

18 comments:

Steph said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely outstanding, Cindy! I love love your knotty wreath! Brilliant idea and design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue McRae said...

This is such a charming idea! Love the knots mixed in with the pearls and I can't believe you made the knots out of paper! Really great project Cindy!

Monica said...

This is so creative. The knots look great and the touch of pearls makes them special.

Jacquie Southas said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Perfectly executed!

Maureen Morton said...

This is so unique and lovely, Cindy! Funny how sometimes you get an idea (mine come in the middle of the night) and just can't wait to turn it into a card. This is so elegant and perfectly balanced. A winner in my book!

Cath said...

Hey Cindy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful and so creative...what a wonderful wreath and such a lovely card!! So glad you joined the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays and shared your creativity:)!!

Brenda said...

Wow Cindy! This is genius and I adore the added pearls! Best of luck for the challenge, this is really an amazing creation!

Kristen said...

that's clever, what a great idea for a wreath!

Visiting from Trigger Tuesday challenge
xo, Kristina
I'd love if you popped over for a hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super Nice!!

Sarah said...

Brilliant!

mypapercraftworld said...

Fabulous creative take on the challenge ... such a lovely wreath! Anita in France :)

Sue McRae said...

Congrats on your VIP win over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

Yippee!! Congrats on your win, Cindy! I just love this card! Is it that obvious? LOL

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh this is so fun ... fantastic idea for a wreath!!!

lynda said...

What an innovative idea! I want to try it too! Well-deserved VIP status at CAS-ual Firdays!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is such a unique and beautiful wreath!