Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stamp with a homemade stamp


Hi,

I am playing for the Stamp with a homemade stamp challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

When I read the details of the challenge, I thought of a project I did when I took a Print Making class many moons ago.  At that time I didn't start rubber stamping yet.  I kept it but never thought of a way to use it again until now.  I thought it'll be fun to use it to stamp and emboss at the same time.  I inked it up with various inks then spritz with Perfect Pearl.  Then I place water color paper over it, then pass it thru the Big Shot.  Althought the result is quite light, I still like it.  In order not to over embellish, I just tie a ribbon accross and attach a small die cut tag stamped with a stamp (Happy Birthday in Chinese) I carved myself.

Here's photo of my card and my homemade stamps.

 

Stamp 1.

Stamp 2.
Stamp 1 is done by first cover a bristo board with Gesso. Then various items are adhere with glossy medium (mulitple layers).  The items here are: dried flowers and leaves, pieces of lace and ribbons, a string, and  a piece of mesh.   It measures 5 3/4 x 8 inches.  Stamp 2 I carved, but I don't know what the material is called.  It measures 1 x 1 in.
 Thanks for looking.  Hope to see you again soon.
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - what a great original card. I'm glad that you shared the info about what you learned in class, and that you saved your stamp. This is so amazing, Cindy!

Mariƫtte said...

Wow this is a great background. Like this technique, stamping with different materials and than run it thru your embossing machine.

Brenda said...

The stamping is so soft and beautiful Cindy! Good luck with the challenge!

Sue McRae said...

Love how your background turned out Cindy, just lovely, and how great are you to carve your own stamps!

Karen B. said...

Gosh, this is beautiful, and so clever!

Cath said...

Hey Cindy! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

fairyrocks said...

Great Technique, love that you took something from long ago and made it current. I love that little snowman card below too.
Keep smiling and creating. Thanks for popping by and leaving kind comments.

Robin K. said...

Gorgeous card Cindy! I love the soft colors and the originality!

walchowDesign said...

Both cards are special with your homemade bg, Cindy!

Gong Xi Fa Xai!

Greta said...

I am so impressed--what a wonderful card done so cleverly!

maria f. said...

Your card is lovely and that is an amazing way to create a stamp. Interesting to know that it stamps such a cool image. TFS.