Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Magenta Challenge - March 2013 (Sketch)

Hello crafty friends, are you enjoying your week so far?

For a long time, I have been holding onto a piece of very beautiful paper from Magenta, the Pleasures Collection name Delicate Stripes; I want to use it for a layout to showcase a special photo.  And finally I used it for the March Challenge over at the Magenta Blog.  It's a sketch, like this:

And here's my layout:



I really treasure the photo (of my two sisters and myself) very much and I want to pair it up with the pretty paper I've kept for so long;  I try not to cover the paper too much.  I was inspired by Magenta's DT member Ellie Knol's layout to keep the elements as transparent/monochronmatic as possible. 

Supplies:

Papers: Scrapbook paper: Magenta (Delicate Stripes Memor-194); Card Stock (Bazzill), vullumn
Stamp: Hero Arts (Playfull Lowercase LL764)
Others: sticker (Kelly Panacci), ribbons, white gel pen (Gelly Roll), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), Tiny Tabs and Tags die (Tim Holtz)

Thanks for stopping. 

6 comments:

Steph said...

I love it! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Great layout, Cindy - the butterflies are perfect. And love the legs on those beautiful sisters! Thanks for sharing.

Virginia L. said...

Your photo is precious, Cindy! I love the stamping with the pattern paper! The added vellum butterflies are lovely! And the title is just perfect!!!

Hannah said...

so pretty, I love the colours with and black and white photo!

Marlena M. said...

This touches my heart~I also have two sisters...it's a special relationship, isn't it?
Lovely layout and photo Cindy~

Bellaidea said...

What a cute photo you used! Thank you so much fro joining Magenta challenge!