Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fancy Butterfly Birthday

Hi, it's my second post of the day! 

If you are looking for my Get Scrappy Bloghop post, please scroll down or click here.

Yes I am really enjoying my fancy butterfly die.  Made another card with it.  I die cut the buttefly with black card stock, then I use the die itself as a template and cut a mat using pattern paper.  I think it looks really pretty!  Don't you?


The sentiment is heat embossed on Washi tape!  The surface of the Washi tape is really smooth, so my inked stamp was sort of sliding a bit when I pressed down, so I refrained from pressing too hard but the inking in the front and back is not as clear as the middle section.  I heat embossing it with clear embossing powder.

Here's the supply list for this card:

Butterfly die (Hero Arts DI078)
Cling stamp: Happy Definiation (Hero Arts CG269)
Clear stamp: Say It All (Hero Arts CL574)
Ink: Wet Cement (Hero Arts mid-tone), Black (ColoxBox)
Card stock: kraft
Pattern paper: Basicgrey - Picadilly
Washi Tape from Simon Says Stamp 2013 March Card kit
Clear embossing powder from Range

I am linking this card up to the Die Cut Diva's April challenge - Washi Birthday and or course the current Hero Arts Blog April contest - Just For Her, and Simon Says - Happy Birthday!

I already have a plan using the same die for my next project.  Do come back to check it out soon.  :)

11 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Cindy! I LOVE this pretty butterfly die. As you probably know by now, I just love butterflies of any kind. :) Your card is lovely. Good luck in the challenges.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea to add the patterned paper to the underside of the die cut butterfly...this is gorgeous!!!!!

Lin said...

I LOVE it, Cindy! I did this once, using the heart-winged butterfly over printed papers, but this is so much prettier! Beautifully done!

Arlene said...

Love the butterfly. The fact that you embossed the Washi paper is fantastic. I've never attempted to do so.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas. Again, a lovely card!

Winnie said...

Lovely card! I love the use of the pretty paper underneath the black, and the embossed washi tape is a great touch.

Virginia L. said...

Love this die on pattern paper! Gorgeous indeed! That touch of Washi is fabulous, too!

Maureen Morton said...

Embossing on whashi tape - do you ever sleep? You must always be thinking of new and creative ideas. Love how you layered this butterfly....so stylish, Cindy! Love it.

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous Cindy...love the embossing on washi idea. Thanks for joining us and playing along with the Happy Birthday Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous, is this paperpiecing?
Also, thanks for your nice reaction on the Magenta blog...

Dawn Turley said...

WOW Cindy, this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas

paula laird said...

Cindy this is amazing! I didn't think to use embossing powders on washi what a great idea. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas