Friday, April 5, 2013

Get Scrappy Bloghop

Welcome to the Get Scrappy Bloghop!

Today I am participating the Get Scrappy Bloghop organized by Chaitali, her blog is called Cuts, Crops, & Creativity.

You should have arrived from Joyce's blog.  If not, you could go back Chaitali's blog to start from the top; and should you got lost, listed below is the bloghop orders:

  • Cecilia
  • Olga


  • Today's theme is to use scraps to make cards/paper crafts.  And I have a sizable collections as you can see in these photos:
    These are bigger pieces of card stock left over after cutting the card base.  I group them by colour and place in 12x12 scrapbook page protectors.
    The smaller pieces of card stocks I put them in smaller resealable bags.  And for even smaller pieces, I die cut them.  And then there are extra pieces that's not used or rejected from previous projects.

    For the first card, I used some die cut flowers and butterflies.  And added pearls to dress them up a little after I adhere them onto a cream colour panel with grid I prieced.


    The second card I picked one piece from each colour (group) card stock and treat the edge differently (including stamping, faux-stitch, edge-punch, distress with ink, die cut, torn edge, and cut with decorative scissors).  And I added a couple of left over pieces (the brown strip and round scallop) onto the card.


    The third one I use these pieces:
      
    to make this card:

    I really had fun making these from my scraps, and hope you enjoy them. 

    Will there be prizes?  Glad you asked, yes there are.  Link up your scrappy project on Chaitali's blog, one random winner for a prize will be draw from all who link up their projects.  You have until mid-night April 6th, 2013.  A second prize will be awarded to one lucky commenter from all the comments left along the bloghop stops.

    Now your next stop is at Cecilia's Cards.

    Enjoy the rest of the hop!!


    15 comments:

    Olga said...

    Hi Cindy! What an amazing work! Your cards are very beautiful! It's amazing how many gorgeous things could be done out of scraps!
    Thank you for the inspiration=)

    Winnie said...

    Hi! Your cards are so lovely! Love the beautiful pear piece and the fun butterfly one with the scoring! Thanks for sharing how you store you scraps as you saw, mine aren't that organized. This is fun, and so glad I got to see your work! Thanks for the kind visit!

    Bethany Stellpflug said...

    lovely cards! I really like the first one and all those punched shapes! :)

    Chaitali Narla said...

    Wow thats some awesome use of scraps. Love the diecut pieces one!! Thats so creative!

    Joyce said...

    So many beautiful cards and uses for your scraps. And, I see that you like to be organized too. Thanks for sharing your organization.

    Virginia L. said...

    I love love this, Cindy! Using Scraps is part of a card-maker's life! Your examples show how creative and resourceful you are! I adore that inchie card especially!

    MarcyK924 said...

    Hi Cindy! I LOVE your blog! I thought I had signed up, but what a pleasant surprise to see you in the blog hop! Your cards are always FABULOUS, and these are no exception. I love how you store your scraps. And everyone on the hop has used their scraps so differently! I'm swooning over your pear card! WOW!

    maria mcclure said...

    Cindy, these are so pretty... and you certainly don't think "scraps" when you see them. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    Pooja Wagh said...

    Awesome cards! And great tip on organizing the scrap pieces by color :) The first card is my favorite!

    Cecilia Hsieh said...

    Awesome cards! I love how you organise your scraps, makes it easy to make one out of scraps!

    Kathy Mc said...

    What a fun way to use your scraps. Paper piercing the squares really highlight your embellishments on your 1st card. Your different edge finishes really show up nicely on the solid colored papers ~ fun birthday card. Your pear card is just adorable all framed up!

    Kim Heggins said...

    Fabulous cards...you are so clever and your cards show that. I love your first card with those amazing butterflies and flowers, beautiful.

    Glenna Anderson said...

    Cute cards! I'll be going through my scraps!

    Steph said...

    These cards are so nice! I like how you keep your scraps so organized :)

    Maureen Morton said...

    You are a master at recycling scraps, Cindy! They are all super-creative, but that first one calls to me. It is like a special quilt - love how you pierced that cream background. You are on a serious roll, girlfriend!