Friday, May 31, 2013

Card to self

Hello, if you're looking for my 'Tag your food package' post, please scroll down or click here.

Horray!!  The Stamp Your Story (by Hero Arts) products arrived at my LSS, I went and got myself the 'Time' cling set.  I made myself a card for two challenges: the Hero Arts Stamp Your Story contest and the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #30.  The sketch is: 


My card:


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts (Time AC029).
Inks: Hero Arts mid-tone shadow (Butter Bar); 
        Ranger Distress (Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen)
Papers: water colour paper, card stock (white, light purple), 
        pattern paper (Creative Imagination, Samantha Walker collection)
Others:  Ranger Perfect Pearl, Liquid Pearl (White Opal)

For the fuzzy look in the vertical panel, I first spritz the watercolour paper with water mixed with Perfect Pearl, and wait until there is no more puddle of water on the surface but the paper is still wet; then I stamp the rest of the images.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!!


10 comments:

OH Babs said...

I enjoyed your card and the softness of the watercolor.

Virginia L. said...

I love how you tilted the sketch and made it work with your design! the stamping and sentiment are beautiful together! Excellent card, Cindy!

Denise Price said...

This cad has a great dreamy look. I love the pearls on the clock.

Robin K. said...

Love the soft watercolor effect!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Cindy! I love the layered stamping on the main panel and the banners are so fun!

Maureen Morton said...

Very cool technique, Cindy! Glad you treated yourself to something from the new line. I have not yet. Too busy with what I've already got. Have a great week!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow! The stamping is so pretty! The panel does look like watercoloring!

Petti said...

I love the pearl on the clock too! Great card!

Clare T said...

What a cool background! I love how you made the card for yourself - that's something I should do more often. ;)

Dawn said...

Beautiful card Cindy. Stamping on wet paper created such a wonderful effect and I love the little pearl detail on the clock.

Hugs, Dawn