Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tag and Stacking Birds

Say what?!

Yes I am playing for ABNH Challenge # 26 - Tag and Fusion Card Challenge #13.  Now the post title makes sense right?  :)


                               

Here's my card:


I used up one of the BasicGrey tags from the SweetPea Alyssa Collection that I have been keeping for a special occasion.  Today is that special occasion, I read a very inspiring quote this morning from one of Jenny Martin's Blog post.  I first stamped branches and the 'stacking' birds (Hero Arts - CL177 Hello Birdie) with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress) ink on the card base, the tag, and pattern paper.  Fussy cut the birds and adhered to tag.  Slightly coloured branches with colouring pencils.  Add ribbon and tied.  Mount on card stock and voila!!  I think I may fused three themes together.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Sue McRae said...

This is such a sweet card Cindy. Love all the white space and that your stamping goes off the tag. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

joy said...

So cute - I love those birds and the square tag. Great design, Cindy!

Kara Lynne said...

I am in awe with the simplicity and intricacy of this card! So wonderful!

Maureen Morton said...

This is one of my all-time Cindy favs! This tiny tag is so cute surrounded by that white and the way the branch hangs over is perfect. This is so delicate and dear! Good luck with the challenges, this is clearly a winner in my book. Hugs!

Robin K. said...

Your composition is awesome Cindy! Thanks for sharing the link to Jenny's post- the quotes she posted are definitely inspiring:)

Cris said...

Great technique! I love how your image extends outside the tag! Beautiful and CAS! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Catherine Loh said...

a lovely CAS design - love the way the branches extend beyond the tag

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh amazing! Love all! Colors, stamps, the white space!
This is very chic! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

Emily Leiphart said...

CAS and so pretty, Cindy! I love that the box is shaped like a gift!

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS FUSION Cindy! So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Virginia L. said...

Aw.. SUPER cute! I love how you make it into a little tag design, Cindy! Simply lovely!

MichelleZ said...

Cindy, this is a lovely little card! I can see where your inspiration cam from. You did a great job with the challenge. It's darling!

Joyce said...

This is a great design. I love those stacked birds, and the branch looks so cool how it extends off of the tag and onto the card.

~amy~ said...

Such a cute tag!!! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Karen M said...

Hi Cindy, this is perfect! I love what you have done here and how perfectly you have fused the two challenges. Those little birds are adorable! A real winner in my book! x

Geri said...

This is THE prettiest little design! Love it!!!

Jennifer said...

I love how you fused the two challenges together. It's a great card!