Friday, January 17, 2014

Frosty

Well the weather warmed up for a couple days and the temperature is dipping again!  Seems like Old Man Winter is not leaving anytime soon.   All that snow outside prompts me thinking about Frosty - the snowman!  Yup!!  And Frosty is the theme of the current Playing in Paradise challenge #9.


And I also will enter my card to the current Die Cut Diva's Challenge - Make it Glitter.

So here's my card:


To make this card, I first stamped Hero Art's Stunning Snowflakes on acetate with Cotton White StazOn ink.  Then I dry embossed it with Tim Holtz Alterations Snowman #3 embossing folder so that the stamped images are on the backside.  Then I placed the StazOn stamp pad directly on the raised part to ink it.  Then I added Crystal Stickles to my Frosty's top hat, and part of the snowflakes. 

To assemble my card, I inked a scalloped card with Chipped Sapphire to make a snowy ground.  I creased the top and attached the acetate to the card using Vellum Adhesive.  Tied blue twine and attached a blue snowflake brad covered with Crystal stickles.

This will be my first Christmas card of 2014.  One of the members of the Canadian Stamp Talk group is challenging us to make Christmas every month and there's a theme to each month.  January is Embossing.  So I am playing along with this card.  Go check out her blog, SMD Paper Arts, and details of the challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend up ahead!

14 comments:

Robin K. said...

I love how you used the acetate in your design Cindy! Really gives it a frosty feel!

Kanan Pandya said...

Very sweet card,Cindy. Love all the details on your card. :-)

Dawn said...

You have created a gorgeous frosty scene! I love how you've stamped and embossed the acetate with white ink and the stickles complete it beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Playing in Paradise. Hugs, Dawn

Judy1223 said...

Oh, my, Cindy...you can almost feel the snow on this beautiful card! I have always loved that snowman image, too...beautfiul!

Arlene said...

WOW. Gorgeous card. The see-through quality is marvelous.

So glad to see you enter the Die Cut Divas' challenge at http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-it-glitter.html

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

Linda Pekrul said...

What a beautiful job you have done with this card Cindy! It is just GORGEOUS! I totally love it. Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this month and sharing it!

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Fantastic card Cindy!!! Love the dry embossed :)

Doris said...

What a COOL card! (no pun intended)

Clare said...

Wow! This is just so pretty and sparkly! I love how you did this on acetate!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is amazing, Cindy! I love the acetate with stickles on the die cuts!

terisplace said...

Hi there, Cindy!
It's me, Teri!
Hey, I saw your comment about having a hard time getting your link onto the Star challenge on Moxie Fab World. I just added your post here:
http://cmcardarts.blogspot.com/2014/01/birthday-wish.html
to the challenge.

I got to it to work, I think.
Let me know if it's not the right post, and I can add the right one to it.

By the way, thanks for leaving a note for me! :)
Teri

fairyrocks said...

You sure nailed this one with the frosty in frost on the mylar. Thanks so much for entering our Challenge

Brenda said...

Cindy, this is the most beautiful acetate card ever! I love the stickles and embossing, simply gorgeous! What an awesome way to start accumulating those Christmas cards that we often leave until the last minute!