Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Yes Dear

Good morning my crafty friends:

Have you ever heard this one?

One day an elderly couple was celebrating their milestone wedding anniversary, a young man said to the older gentleman:  "Congratulations sir!  May I ask you the secret of a long lasting marriage?".  The older gentleman replied: "Son it's really simple, just remember these two words, Yes Dear!".   Hehehe .. I hope I told it right!?

So onto today's card. I used some new supplies: a new feather die set (Impression Obession), a honey comb stencil (Memory Box), and a new distress ink (Ranger: Crushed Olive).  And I am playing for:

Simon Says Wedding or Anniversary

MFW - Happy for Hexagons Challenge

Die Cut Diva's February Challenge Girl Night Out, option 3 Use the color Pink


Other supplies:
Range Distress Ink (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey)
Penny Blank (Sentimental)
Petaloo Premier (Wild Rose)

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!!

10 comments:

Lin said...

I've heard that joke before, and it's so true, Cindy, but it goes both ways, too, I think! Love your pretty feathers here and the stencilling, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Arlene said...

Love the background, design and colors. Great way to add focus to the sentiment with the way you cut the sentiment panel.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

joy said...

Love this pretty card, Cindy! The stencil and the feathers are so pretty.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, so funny! My husband sometimes uses that phrase sarcastically just to bug me. :P Your card is beautiful, Cindy! Great combination of colours, layers and shapes!

Robin K. said...

Too funny! I hadn't heard that one before but it's so true:). I really love how you combined all these elements! Your stenciled bg is fab!

Greta said...

Neat card, Cindy! You made good use of your new products!

terisplace said...

Hi Cindy!
Thanks for leaving the note for me!
I got you linked up! :)
So to link when you do Mr. Linky, here's what to do:
Click on the title of your blog post. Open it up so if you look in the Web address bar, you see the whole post name.
Copy everything, even that http:// business.
So like for this post it would look like this:
http://cmcardarts.blogspot.com/2014/02/yes-dear.html
Then when you go to Mr. Linky, enter your name and then put all of that address in the URL box. Hit enter and it should work.
At least I think it should! :)
Just me know if you have any trouble again. I'm happy to help! :)

Teri

Petti said...

I gotta share your "story" to my hubby too! :P
Thanks for sharing your pretty card!

Brenda said...

Wow Cindy, that background is simply stunning, so soft and serene! I must try that with my stencils, I don't always remember to partly ink up a stencil, I always cover the card, but I like this way much better!

teri said...

Hi again, Cindy!
Just wanted to tell you that I sure like your card!

Teri