Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mint and Navy Blue

Hello  and welcome back!

Today I took part in a 90 minute scramble challenge hosted by Debbie over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.

The challenge theme is to use Mint and Navy Blue.

Okay so all my green inks are warm (has yellow in them), thank goodness I've got a sheet of pattern paper that is "mint" I could use for this challenge.  I pulled out my Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern stencil, lay it on top of the pp and ink it with Ranger Distress Chipped Sapphire ink (closest to Navy Blue that I have).  Then I heat embossed with white the Hero Arts Untitled Post Mark on navy blue card stock, trimmed, cut two slits and thread glittery mint ribbon thru it like a buckle.  I used the same pp for the flower button.  The rest is pretty self explanatory.   A funny story though, I want the panel the other way around (post mark on the bottom), but the card base was place the wrong way when I mount and I didn't check.  So post mark goes on top!!   LOL 

I am linking this card up to the Stencils: Styling with Stencils Challenge over at MFW.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend.


6 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous and Genius Cindy. Love it.

Mariëtte said...

Love how the color fade away a little. Beautiful !

joy said...

Cindy, this is so pretty! I love the way you used the colors for this background.

teri said...

Hi Cindy!
Pretty card! :)
And, hey, I got you linked up! Don't you worry! :) Any chance you can tell me what Web browser you are using?

Teri

Robin K. said...

Love how the stenciling looks over your pp!

Karen said...

beautiful...love the look...