Sunday, March 2, 2014

Soft water colours

Hello there,

I have been making card for quite a few years, but never really have a particular style and I am still searching for it.  I usually try different things that's pleasing to my eyes.  For sure water colours is one of them.  Today I made a card for a few challenges.

First my card:


Here are the challenges:

The very first one is a new challenge started by a very talented stamper from Ontario, Canada - Virginia Lu, visit her wonderful blog: Yes, Virginia.  And her new challenge is called Virginia's View Challenge #1.  The first one is to use water-colour.  Here's the inspiration photo:


The second is for CAS(E) this Sketch #66:


The third one is for The Card Concept #4 - use a floral theme, and I think my card could be consider Clean and Layered.


Edited on March 10 to add:  Also entering the current Hero Arts Birthday Challenge, in the Floral Birthday cards category.



Supplies for my card are:

Hero Arts - Delicate Blossoms (CL449)
Hero Arts - Say it All (CL574)
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large (S4-133)
Ranger Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey)
Ranger Perfect Pearl
Small pearl

Thanks for stopping by.   Have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Lin said...

Just beautiful, Cindy! Love the softness of your coloring, and that unexpected pop of red!

joy said...

Love this card, Cindy - the soft colors combined with the red and the offset layer are so pleasing to the eye.

maria f. said...

Very pretty. Aren't watercolors fun?

Virginia Lu said...

Thank you for your kind words, Cindy! I love the subtle color of the flowers! What a great idea and design! So glad that you join the first Virginia's View Challenge! Please stay warm!!

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

Just wonderful with this simplicity. Great !

Robin K. said...

I feel the same way you do Cindy- some people have such a recognizable style and I don't even know what mine is:). I really love the soft water coloring! We were on the same wavelength for the CAS(E) this sketch challenge:)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love how you tipped the rectangle. LOVE IT!

Ange Kelly said...

This is a beautiful card!