Monday, April 28, 2014

Matchbook box shaker

Good morning all:

I had so much fun making my first shaker card in the weekend so when I started my altered matchbook box project (for Mother's Day) I made the top a shaker too.  I thought the thickness of the box was perfect for it.  I glue a stamped and coloured acetate in the inside, then filled with sequins and beads, glue a clear acetate on top (outside), and cover with pattern paper.  So fun!!


I will link it to the Paulina's Sequin Shaker Blog Hop.

ETA:  Since I always consider Tulips to be a Spring flower, I am also linking up to Playing in Paradise Challenge #12 - Easter or Spring.

Supplies used:

matchbook box by Graphic 45
Stamp: the Artful Stamper, Hero Arts (Playful Lowercase LL764)
Ink: Ranger Distress (Walnut Stain), StazOn (Cotton White)
Pattern Paper: Pebbles (Walnut Grove collection: Eliza Jane)
Sakura Glaze Pen
colouring pencils
beads and sequins

Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day!

24 comments:

Lin said...

What a great idea, Cindy! This makes a really special Mother's Day gift!

TracyM #6773 said...

SUPER CUTE shaker, CLEVER project too!!!
LOVE your pretty colours & flowers and mix of sequins & beads :)
THANK YOU for sharing your sweet sequin shaker inspiration!!!

Heather Thompson said...

another great idea. I love the revision of the shaker. Very pretty!

DoofyJEss2 said...

This is such a beautiful and original project!! Love the tulips!

Diane Stricker said...

Awesome

Nikki said...

Gorgeous box! Such pretty stamping and colouring x

Gaylynn said...

Very cool and unique project. :)

Jenny said...

Love this idea Cindy! Turned out fantastic!

Hugs,

Jenny

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous idea to add a shaker element to a box, love it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the inside flowers!

Martha said...

WOW, what a FABULOUS sequin shaker creation! I love it!
Beautifully done!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a neat idea to make a shaker box.

Lauren Taylor said...

that's a really neat idea! great inspiration!

Sue D said...

Wow--pretty and clever idea.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! How SWEET Is this!! I LOVE your Shaker Card Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Emily Lauritzen said...

Such a fun idea! I love that the image is colored onto acetate as well!!

Robin K. said...

What a sweet little project Cindy!

fairyrocks said...

Thank You for linking up Cindy. Your Mother's Day card is beautifully done. Keep smiling and creating

Deepti said...

What a fun idea to create a match box shaker, it looks so cool :)

Petti said...

The box is so pretty! Love the tulip really have a Spring feel!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy--this is fabulous!

Lindsey said...

This is such a neat idea! Love the combination of sequins and beads inside your shaker. I've got to remember that for future cards...it's so fun!

Diane said...

Very fun altered matchbook design Cindy.

Hugs diane

Shirley said...

Gorgeous and fun at the same time!