Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ABNH #44

Welcome back!

I am playing for A Blog Name Hero challenge #44 - use embossing wet or dry.




I was inspired by Lisa's method of creating wonderful background using daubers!  You can see her beautiful card (and instructions to create it) in this post on the Hero Arts Blog.  I used my Neon daubers to add colours to the background after I white heat embossed the Hero Arts Birthday Blackboard on watercolour paper.  Then I trim it and adhered to hot pink CS and mount on white card base.  And I embellished with a couple straws from the SSS March card kit 2013 edition (yes I've save kept that for over a year!) and some pearls by Doodlebug.  Although it does not show thru the photo, it's quite vibrant in real life. 

Thanks for stopping. 

10 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

This is so candy-like!! Love your use of Daubers and colors, Cindy!! AWESOME work!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I really love this card, Cindy! Such a unique way to use this sentiment, and I love the soft colors in the background...so pretty!

Sarah Gray said...

Love the colours on your card, Cindy! Great dauber work :) The straws add a cool finishing touch too. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Kerry said...

Thanks for visiting me Cindy! Your card is so bright and vibrant - I love the background! Kx

Robin K. said...

Love how colorful and fun this is!

cards said...

What a pretty neon background; I must try that.
Heather T

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

so cool Cindy - I love the texture and feel like stretching my hands out just to feel it!
thanks for stopping by my blog! : )

Shirley said...

How pretty and fun! I like the bright uplifting colors and how you embossed over them! The embellishment are awesome, especially those straws ont he bottom!

Debbie Nutt said...

Hi Cindy. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment. I thought I'd return the favour. I love the happy bright colours you daubed with. You make me want to make a card with the same cheerful colours.

Clare said...

So pretty! I love the embossing ,ad your inking is lovely! Makes me think of cotton candy! ;)