Thursday, June 5, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #4 - entry one

Hi I am so excited about my project today I can't wait any longer so I am posting in the middle of a work day!!!  :)

For Virginia's View Challenge #4 - Tag and Scrapling, we are to make it green meaning to incoroperate recycle item(s).


I made a tag card using part of some packaging boxes, a used dryer sheet, and a piece of scrapling (left over after I cut a square card out of a 5 x 7 card) indicated by the arrow photo below.


And here's the result:

 

Here's how I used the recycle/reuse items.  I dye the dryer sheet using distress ink, let dry then cut into flower shapes.  Crumble to give it some texture and secure with a white brad (which double as flower center).  I fussy cut the leaves from the boxes (I really like that green!).  The ribbon is left over from another project too!  Btw, I added "entry one" to the post title, cause I am planning to create more!  Won't you join in the fun too!?  Go check out Virginia's View Challenge blog.

Stamps:
Hero Arts - Old Letter Writing (S4878) for background
Hero Arts - Long Stem Blossom (F5030) for the stem
Hero Arts - Time (AC029) for the sentiment
Ink:
Ranger Distress (Antique Linen, Crush Olive, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Barn Door)
Others: pearls, brad, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day!!

17 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Oh my goodness! I can see why you are excited about project, Cindy! You really took the essence of the challenge to heart and made a masterpiece! You are my new recycle Queen now! How awesome are those dryer sheet flowers! Love it! I definitely want to see MORE from you!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginie's View challenge! You have been such a great support to this challenge and I really really appreciate it!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful - I love your tag and that gorgeous flower you created.

Sue McRae said...

Love your creative recycling and dryer sheet flower Cindy!

Clare said...

Wow!! This is just beautiful Cindy! I'm glad you didn't wait to share, because this is so beautiful! Just love that gorgeous flower, and your inking is amazing!

Robin K. said...

This is so creative Cindy!! I adore your dryer sheet flower- so pretty!!

Barb Ghig said...

How creative you are, Cindy! I really love how you fussy cut the flower from the box, and created your airy flower from a dryer sheet! WOW! Beautiful color combo, and really gorgeous tag!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Fabulous Cindy!
I can see why you would be excited!
It's wonderful to see what you used to make the tag!
Thank YOu~

joy said...

Gorgeous work, Cindy! Love the dryer sheet flower - will have to give this a try!

Chark said...

I bet the flower smells good too! great design!

Chark said...

I bet the flower smells good too! great design!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautifully done - very clever indeed!! Taunya Butler at
http://daisiesgirl.com

maria f. said...

How wonderful - love all the recycling you did and the result is a joy to look at!

Kimberly Rendino said...

Gorgeous! And so creative!

Martha said...

Cindy, this is just SO adorably sweet! Well done!

Shirley said...

I think you flower is beautiful and the whole tag/card is so wonderful! I love the color you used for the tie and flower and how creative with the leaves. In love with that 'Hello'.

LauraJane:) said...

Had to PIN this one Cindy!! I thought I was the only one that used product packaging for projects.
LOVE your dryer sheet bloom! So soft and lovely!

Karen L K said...

Very creative. Pretty tag too. I like those leaves. I use that product too.