Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #4 - entry two

Hi, welcome back!

Before I share my project, I have a question for you.  What do you call the half inch strip of paper that you trim off from a sheet of 12x12 pattern paper that have the barcode and/or the collection/brand/company info?

Sometimes there's useful pattern on one side.  And that's what I used for my scrapling today.   As seen in my little scrap tray, the alphabet pieces are from that strip I trimmed off from a sheet of the Check In Collection (KaiserCraft).  The other supplies includes a piece of kraft cs left over from a project that didn't work out, some tags, a rejected embossed butterfly and a tiny piece of ribbon.


So here's my project (finished size: 4 1/4 x 1 1/4, not measuring the tabs):



I'd like to link up to Virginia's View Challenge # 4 - Tags or Scrapling.

Stamp:
Hero Arts - Antique Writing
Ink:
Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Wet Cement)

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!!

9 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I love your scrapling, Cindy! So many beautiful details, and I love how you placed the 'tabs'! So pretty, and perfect for Virginia's challenge!

Cris G said...

Hi, Cindy. Who would have said that rejects, small scraps and projects that didn't work out made such unique project? I love how you created and placed your sentiment and also love the little tag attached to the piece of kraft cardstock :).

Lin said...

This is SO cute, Cindy! A true one-of-a-kind, love it!

Virginia Lu said...

I have no idea what to call those extra strips...but I totally know what you are talking about! This is so creative and inventive, Cindy! I love how you used those paper strips and made it into a little masterpiece! GREAT save! You have done some really inspiring work for this challenge! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...this is lovely Cindy!
Love the horizontal layout too ;)
Thank You~

Shirley said...

Don't know what you call it, Cindy, but I get your point exactly. I save it all. LOLOL 16 years worth and every now and then I find a use for it. I love yours. How creative with the tabs and your letters. The perfect BG for your beautiful butterfly and the 'you' too!

Robin K. said...

I know the strips you are referring to but don't know what you would call them! The way you created your sentiment with one of them is so creative Cindy!

Clare said...

Wow, way to use those strips up! Those tabs make for a fun and unique card! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Yess I love those little strips - a bit like washi tape, because the pattern is scaled down! I love your thank you tag - very original!