Thursday, September 18, 2014

Best Friend Tag

Hello all,

One of my craft friends, Betty Keefe, over at Hero Art Flickr group sent me some book pages to play with.  I made a tag using it along side with a new stamp set I got.  Let's take a look:


I would like to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says,,,TAG IT

Tag You're It!  Challenge #6

Die Cut Diva's September Challenge - New Things (my new HOTP Small Stamps - Dressform)


A little info about the card.
I covered part of an manila office tag with a torn book page.
Distress the edges with Vintage Photo.
Stamped all three dress form, butterfly and flower, and sentiment (HOTP - Dress form) with same ink,
Dry emboss the book page part with Cuttlebug (Textile) embossing folder.  Then I rub the bone folder over the emboss area to give it a more subtle look.
Stamp dress form, butterfly and flower with Frost White on salmon pink CS and heat emboss with white powder, cut out and adhere to tag.
Add dark brown pearls.
Ribbon is actually seam binding I dye with Vintage Photo and added a bit of Wink of Stella.

Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

love how this turned out Cindy - the embossing is the perfect accent for the vintage look - will look forward to more "book page" cards.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on Karin's tag!

Virginia Lu said...

LOVE your feminine tag, Cindy! The embossed details and elements (book pages) are so lovely together!Well done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Tag It Challenge!

Marybeth said...

Cindy your tag is gorgeous! I love the torn newsprint! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It !

Arlene said...

Delightful Vintage tag. I love the soft colors and old book paper.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Marion said...

WHat an awesome tag. Love the texture on the book page in the background. Thanks for joining the TYI challenge :)

Brenda said...

Beautiful! The embossing just over that one side is exquisite!